[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Conner's CP3102 HD and Conner's tech-support

salim@mozart.amd.com (Salim Shah) (02/18/91)

In december of 1990 I bought a DELL310 system with 105M Conner CP3102,
which is 3:1 interleaved IDE drive. Now I am trying to add another drive to
the system and having problems.

I called DEll technical support and they say that another 1:1 interleaved
IDE drives can not be added to the system due to IREQ14 being trisated in
one and driven in the other.(I need more info than that)

 . Does any one know Conner's technical support phone number?

 . Any knows a solution to this problem? (I want 140M of hd, and please dont
   suggest the obvious --throw the drive away and buy a new drive-- but then
   if some one wants to buy it from me ... :-)  )

Salim Shah
(512)-462-5851
(512)-282-2812

james@bigtex.cactus.org (James Van Artsdalen) (02/20/91)

In <1991Feb18.043726.1527@mozart.amd.com>, salim@mozart.amd.com
	(Salim Shah) wrote:

> I called DEll technical support and they say that another 1:1 interleaved
> IDE drives can not be added to the system due to IRQ14 being trisated in
> one and driven in the other.(I need more info than that)

That's wrong.  If you have the name of whoever said that, please let
me know so I can send them the correct answer.

You can add one more IDE drive to the system, for a total of two.  All
you need is a cable with the connections, and the jumper settings to
use on the drives.

It is possible that there are some combinations of drives that won't
work together.  Call the tech support 800 number again - if they still
insist two drives don't work, have them call my extension (8789).
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james@bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789