[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] small siced motherboard wanted

Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Norbert Zacharias) (02/26/91)

Hi there
I search for some sources of small siced xt or at motherboards. They should
be <= a half babyboard.
hope some1 can help me
Norbert
Norbert Zacharias          Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de
FB Physik                                               148964@DOLUNI1.bitnet
Carl-von-Ossietzky-Universitaet
Tel. 0049-441-7983527
 Was Du nicht willst das man Dir tu, das will auch nicht was willst denn Du?
							   Heinz Erhard

jgd@Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) (02/27/91)

Norbert.Zacharias@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Norbert Zacharias) writes:

>Hi there
>I search for some sources of small siced xt or at motherboards. They should
>be <= a half babyboard.
>hope some1 can help me
>Norbert

I'm using a Zeta XT board in some embedded applications.  The PC board is only
marginally larger than the space needed for the 8 slots.  It runs at 9 mhz
and uses the Faraday single chip XT ASIC.  It has hardware support to
make the remainder of 1 MB RAM into EMS and optionally a ram-drive.

It is especially nice for embedded applications because it has an empty
27256 EPROM socket that maps to F0000.  I'm using Annabooks' PromKit
which makes a bootable ROM image of a disk, and the driver code fits
nicely in this socket where it is discovered by the rom-scan during
POST.

Zeta is a Far Eastern company.  I have no distributor information.  I buy
mine for $90 in single piece quantity from Austin Electronics here in
Atlanta. (404) 449 8697.

If you need REAL small boards, you might want to look at the WildCat format
boards (2" X 4")

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)