[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Making Diamond Star VGA VESA compatible

am42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Alexander Paul Morris) (03/09/91)

Does anyone have a VESA BIOS-addition driver for the Diamond Star VGA
adapter supplied by Gateway?

    Alexander Morris                  "People die, things change...
    Carnegie Mellon                             It's sad."

ianhogg@cs.umn.edu (Ian J. Hogg) (03/10/91)

In article <4bq5ZN600aw3M6BGBj@andrew.cmu.edu> am42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Alexander Paul Morris) writes:
>Does anyone have a VESA BIOS-addition driver for the Diamond Star VGA
>adapter supplied by Gateway?
>
>    Alexander Morris                  "People die, things change...
>    Carnegie Mellon                             It's sad."

The Diamond SpeedStar I got with my PC came with a one-page manual addendum.
On it tells how to enable VESA bios extensions.

  MOUSE.COM
  VMODE MONITOR
  VMODE VESA

VMODE VERSION tells me I have "VGA BIOS version 3.10"

Hope it helps..

Ian Hogg						ianhogg@cs.umn.edu
                                                        (612) 225-1401

am42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Alexander Paul Morris) (03/11/91)

Just to make a clarification, I called up the DiamondStar BBS and there is
a new version of VMODE (3.12) that supports MANY more monitors, as well
as the VESA standard (about 1.5k resident).  If you want it, just call
up their system at 408-730-1100.