> terryb.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <Ry1Ty1w163w@shark.cs.fau.edu>
>
> Org.  : Florida Atlantic University
> Person: terry bohning
>

> I have a 10MHZ '286 computer.
> When it boots, it prints:
>
> DTK Corp. 286 Computer
> DTK 286 BIOS Ver. 3.16 04/16/88
>
> I would like to change the BIOS ROMs to something other than DTK,
> preferably AMI but Award or Phoenix would be OK.
> Is this possible?

I recall reading somewhere that DTK's BIOS was a customized AWARD BIOS (at
least for the '386 BIOS, that is).

Can anyone else confirm this?

Frank
--
Frank Murray   |   a523@MindLink.UUCP
Vancouver, BC  |

terryb.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (terry bohning) (03/15/91)

davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Dave McCrady) (03/16/91)

terryb.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (terry bohning) writes:

> I have a 10MHZ '286 computer.
> When it boots, it prints:
>
> DTK Corp. 286 Computer
> DTK 286 BIOS Ver. 3.16 04/16/88
>
> I would like to change the BIOS ROMs to something other than DTK,
> preferably AMI but Award or Phoenix would be OK.
> Is this possible?

  Yup.  I've used both Phoenix and Award BIOSes with mine.
I see no reason why AMI wouldn't work as well.

   Dave McCrady                 |  ersys!davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
+1 403-454-4054 (voice)         |  Disclaimer? Who needs a disclaimer?
+1 403-454-6093 (public USENET) |  I >own< the joint.

bchen@argon.berkeley.edu (Benjamin Chen) (03/16/91)

I have a DTK 286 with BIOS dated similarly.  I have tried swapping AMI
and Award BIOS chips (including the keyboard BIOS) in
to see if they would work.  None of them did.  I admit it wasn't
the smartest thing to do, but no harm seemed to be done. :-)

	BC

Benjamin Chen
Electronics Research Laboratory   550-A4 Cory Hall, University of California
(bchen@argon.Berkeley.EDU,  ...!ucbvax!argon!bchen)