[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Mac Board for IBM?

uge@athena.mit.edu (Eugene A Beidl) (03/16/91)

Does anyone know whether there exists a board for the IBM that allow it
to run Macintosh software?  (Or even perhaps a software emulator, but I prefer
a hard board).  I know I could buy a Mac mother board and probably tie it in
myself, but that would involve quite a bit of work.

All leads welcome!

--Eugene A. Beidl
--uge@athena.mit.edu

scotte@applix.com (Scott Evernden) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar15.183830.19558@athena.mit.edu> uge@athena.mit.edu (Eugene A Beidl) writes:
>Does anyone know whether there exists a board for the IBM that allow it
>to run Macintosh software?  (Or even perhaps a software emulator, but I prefer
>a hard board).  I know I could buy a Mac mother board and probably tie it in
>myself, but that would involve quite a bit of work.

Check out this month's Personal Workstation (March, pp 14).  A Hydra
Systems, Inc. is said to be shipping its "Hydra One" Macintosh board
for ISA bus machines.  Runs a 16MHz 68000.  Without RAM or "the ROMs"
it comes to $995.

I called and asked for information about a week ago.  Haven't received
anything yet.

-scott