[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Anyone know of AT serial cards with fifo's?

john@data.UUCP (John Mantey) (03/16/91)

We're looking for vendors that make IBM PC AT serial cards that have
serial communications chips with built in fifo's.  (like the National
Semiconductor 16550).  Any information greatly appreciated.

John Mantey    john@data.uucp
               {uunet,intelhf}!data!john Microtek International, DSD
-----------------------------------      3300 NW 211th Terrace
Not bird, nor plane, nor even frog.      Hillsboro, Or 97124
Just little old me, Underdog.            503-645-7333

tabu6@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (Adam Goldberg) (03/17/91)

In article <463@data.UUCP>, john@data.UUCP (John Mantey) writes:
>We're looking for vendors that make IBM PC AT serial cards that have
>serial communications chips with built in fifo's.  (like the National
>Semiconductor 16550).  Any information greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a good Async driver would do the trick with software...there
are plenty of Shareware pgms around that'll do it.

+ Adam Goldberg                         H:(515)233-5135                      +
+ Iowa State University                 TABU6@ccvax.iastate.edu              +
+ "It's simple!  Even a Pascal programmer could do it!"                      +