[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need help: MFM & RLL drives on same box??!!?DOWN 18

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, Gen DataComm, +1 203 758-1811) (03/18/91)

In article <3441@sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen@sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> In article <1149@ra.MsState.Edu> pam1@ra.MsState.Edu (Phillip A. McReynolds) writes:

( Other stuff deleted)

> | 3.  Get a MFM controller and try to make the two controllers work in the same
> | box at the same time.
> |
> | - I'm told that this won't work at all because there'd be memory address
> | conflicts.  Is this true?
>
>   It's not true under SCO UNIX and Xenix. What's possible under DOS I
> wouldn't venture to say. You need to move the BIOS and i/o for DOS, also
> the interrupt for UNIX.

What are you saying, that you can have two controllers under Xenix? If so,
pray tell how. I'd like to run an MFM and RLL controller under Xenix. I don't
care that I can't access the other controller under DOS as the other controller
will only be used for Xenix. I know I can set one controller for a secondary
address, but how do I tell Xenix that?

-----
Seng-Poh Lee				Work:	lee@gdc.portal.com
Technology Center			...!uunet!portal!gdc!lee
General DataComm Ind. Inc.		Home:	lee%splee.uucp@hsi.com
					...!uunet!hsi!splee!lee
|                   T H I S   S P A C E  F O R  R E N T                   |