[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Sound Blaster VOC files.

seth@wet.UUCP (Seth Olitzky) (03/12/91)

Im not on the Internet and can't do FTP to archive sites.
I would like to get Sound Blaster VOC files and any public
domain software out there.  If any knows of any bulletin boards I could
get on, that would be great.

moe@milton.u.washington.edu (Joe Shippert) (03/15/91)

In article <2199@wet.UUCP> seth@wet.UUCP (Seth Olitzky) writes:
>Im not on the Internet and can't do FTP to archive sites.
>I would like to get Sound Blaster VOC files and any public
>domain software out there.  If any knows of any bulletin boards I could
>get on, that would be great.

I too have searched long and hard for .VOC files and have had a couple of
small successes. There are two BBS (which I forget the names of) at
416-438-3009 (Ontario, Canada) and 408-225-2273 (California, I think).
Both have an excellent selection of .VOC files.

I would be very interested if anyone knew of any other BBS or FTP sites for
.VOC files because calling Ontario all the time is getting expensive.

moe@milton.acs.washington.edu
"If you see me rockin',
    don't bother knockin'!"

6600arac@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Wolf) (03/16/91)

In the Santa Barbara area, there are various BBS's with .mac, and
.snd files which can be converted to .voc files.  These are:

The Illogical BBS  - 805-685-8043
NetWork XXIII Node 1 - 805-962-0963
NetWork XXIII Node 2 - 805-962-0122

"I prefer them and us.  It gets rid of excess baggage and lets you
get right down to cases."

Wolf
6600arac@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Internet)
6600arac@ucsbuxa.bitnet   (Bitnet)

Disclaimer - I have no connection with any of these BBS's, other than
membership in them.

jayh@ms.uky.edu (Jay Hofacker) (03/19/91)

I run a BBS which has about 250 .snd files which can easily be converted to
.voc.

--
Jay Hofacker, sysop of the Audio/Visual Exchange, (606)254-1751
Internetmail: jayh@s.ms.uky.edu, or uk02779@ukpr.uky.edu