[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Connection via parallel interface

dmit@jet.lat.su (Serge Dmit) (03/20/91)

I heard that it is possible to connect two computers via parallel
interface. Some programs (for example, LapLink 3) use this possibility.

Does anybody know what is necessary for this parallel connection? (which
pins in cable should be used ?)

Best regards
--
 Serge Dmit               |  Latvian Canadian Joint Venture "JET"
 Software Manager         |  25 Bruninieku Str. Riga, 266001 Latvia

davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Dave McCrady) (03/21/91)

dmit@jet.lat.su (Serge Dmit) writes:

> I heard that it is possible to connect two computers via parallel
> interface. Some programs (for example, LapLink 3) use this possibility.
>
> Does anybody know what is necessary for this parallel connection? (which
> pins in cable should be used ?)

  the easiest way is to obtain a copy of a product called File Shuttle.
It comes with an adapter that permits use of a standard parallel printer
cable between two machines for the purpose of doing high-speed file
transfers .. one at a time or in bunches.

  It's available from:
   GetC Software Inc.
   1280 Seymour Street
   Second Floor
   Vancouver, B.C. Canada
   V6B 3N9

  GetC's phone number is +1 604 684-3230

   Dave McCrady                 |  ersys!davem@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
+1 403-454-4054 (voice)         |  Disclaimer? Who needs a disclaimer?
+1 403-454-6093 (public USENET) |  I >own< the joint.