[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Wanted : Display adapter that support television

tamari@bimacs.BITNET (tamari zvi) (03/20/91)

To anyone who might have a helpful information:

     I looking for a graphics card for PC (XT preferred) that enables me to
use my television as my display monitor. If you heard about such a card, or
have any information that you think may help me, i'll be greatful if you
let me know about it.

                                Thank you in advance,
                                        Zvi Tamari.

--
Name : Zvi Tamari

E-Mail Addresses : BitNet   : tamari@bimacs.bitnet
                   InterNet : tamari@bimacs.cs.biu.ac.il

Address : 3   Hameiri  st.
          Ramat Gan 52 651
          ISRAEL            Telephone : 03-340169

chumly@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Kevin Traub) (03/21/91)

tamari@bimacs.BITNET (tamari zvi) writes:

> To anyone who might have a helpful information:
>
>      I looking for a graphics card for PC (XT preferred) that enables me to
> use my television as my display monitor. If you heard about such a card, or
> have any information that you think may help me, i'll be greatful if you
> let me know about it.

THERE IS A RF. MODULATOR AVAILIBLE THAT IS MADE TO BE WIRED INTO
THE PC\XT\AT. IF YOU HAVE A CGA CARD (OR ANY CARD THAT HAS A COMPOSIT
MONITOR OUTPUT.) YOU CAN RUN THE COMPOSIT OUTPUT INTO THE RF. MOD. THEN
OUT TO YOUR T.V. IT WORKS QUITE WELL. IT IS (WAS ?) MADE BY TAIDY CVORP.
IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT THEN LEAVE A MSG. WITH ME. I HAVE ONE AND CAN GET
RID OF IT.

Kevin Traub             ersys!chumly@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

c60b-1eq@web-1d.berkeley.edu (Noam Mendelson) (03/21/91)

In article <3072@bimacs.BITNET> tamari@bimacs.BITNET (tamari zvi) writes:
>     I looking for a graphics card for PC (XT preferred) that enables me to
>use my television as my display monitor. If you heard about such a card, or
>have any information that you think may help me, i'll be greatful if you
>let me know about it.

I believe that the old-style IBM CGA's had a socket where you could plug
in an RCA-type cable which can be fed into a VCR or television.  I'm not
absolutely sure that this will work outside of the U.S., since video
equipment maunfactured for Europe is designed to process a different type
of signal.

Noam Mendelson                       | "I haven't lost my mind,
c60b-1eq@web.Berkeley.EDU            |  it's backed up on tape
University of California at Berkeley |  somewhere."