[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need Conner info

ker@cbnewsj.att.com (kenneth.roser) (03/18/91)

Does anyone know if a Conner 30104 (120 MB) is an old discontinued
model or is it a new, not yet well advertised model.

Several clone companies offer this in their package, but I notice VERY
few advertisers in Computer Shopper even mention this drive.  It's smaller
physically and faster that a 3104 (100MB)

If you can't answer the above, the address/phone of Conner would
be appreciated.
Ken Roser - WA2VCI - mtgzy!ker - AT&T Bell Laboratories - 908-957-5822

alz@tc.fluke.COM (Al Weiss) (03/21/91)

In article <1991Mar17.175212.3675@cbnewsj.att.com> ker@cbnewsj.att.com (kenneth.roser) writes:
>Does anyone know if a Conner 30104 (120 MB) is an old discontinued
>model or is it a new, not yet well advertised model.
>Several clone companies offer this in their package, but I notice VERY
>few advertisers in Computer Shopper even mention this drive.  It's smaller
>physically and faster that a 3104 (100MB)
>If you can't answer the above, the address/phone of Conner would
>be appreciated.

The 30104 is a newer generation from the 3104.  The 3104 was 105Mb formatted,
25mS, 2.9W, 4 platters, and 1.625" high in a 3.5" package.  It could take a
50G non-operational shock.  The 30104 is pretty new.  The first that I heard
of it was in an 11/90 brochure.  It is 120Mb formatted, sub-19mS, 2.8W, 2
platters, and 1" high.  It can take a 75G non-op shock.  It also has a bigger
buffer and slightly better data xfer rates.  On both drives the trailing "4"
means the IDE interface.  Replace the 4 with a 0 for a SCSI interface.

Conner's address is: Conner Peripherals, 3081 Zanker Rd, San Jose CA 95134,
408-456-4500.

I have no connection with Conner other than being a satisfied OEMer.

--

Al Weiss                   alz@tc.fluke.com                   206-356-5252
John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc. MS-269  PO Box 9090  Everett, WA 98206-9090  USA