[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] QUESTION ABOUT INTERRUPT REQUEST 7

trux@atop.atop.cs.caltech (Flem Snopes) (04/07/91)

I want to use the acknowledge line on my paralell port to trigger interrupt
0Fh.  I enable IRQ7 on the 8259 PIC, then I hook interrupt 0Fh.  When I bring
ACK low, the interrupt happens but when I bring ACK low again (after it going
high for some time) the interrupt is not triggered.  Is there some flag I need
to set to let the 8259 Programmable Interrupt Controller know I am ready to
deal with the next -ACK signal?  Thanks.
-trux
* Flem Snopes                                                  *
* Dabney 1-58       " From childhood's hour I have not been    *
* Caltech             As others were--I have not seen          *
* Pasadena, CA        As others saw--I could not bring         *
* 91126               My passions from a common spring-- "     *
* 818-564-8011                                                 *

np4@prism.gatech.EDU (POMPONIO,NICHOLAS A) (04/13/91)

trux@atop.atop.cs.caltech (Flem Snopes) writes:

>I want to use the acknowledge line on my paralell port to trigger interrupt
>0Fh.  I enable IRQ7 on the 8259 PIC, then I hook interrupt 0Fh.  When I bring
>ACK low, the interrupt happens but when I bring ACK low again (after it going
>high for some time) the interrupt is not triggered.  Is there some flag I need
>to set to let the 8259 Programmable Interrupt Controller know I am ready to
>deal with the next -ACK signal?  Thanks.
>-trux

Try issuing a "non-specific EOI" by writing 20H to I/O port 20H. This is
generally done within the interrupt service routine.

--
POMPONIO,NICHOLAS A
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!np4