[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Future Domain TMC881 and OS/2

Alykhan_Virani@mindlink.UUCP (Alykhan Virani) (04/14/91)

I tried installing IBM OS/2 1.3 on my machine but the installation program
refuses to recognize my harddisk. (Seagate)  Is there a bios upgrade for the
future domain controller ? I am currently using V5.2D.

Any suggestions would help.

Alykhan Virani.

schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) (04/16/91)

In article <5484@mindlink.UUCP> Alykhan_Virani@mindlink.UUCP (Alykhan Virani) writes:
>I tried installing IBM OS/2 1.3 on my machine but the installation program
>refuses to recognize my harddisk. (Seagate)  Is there a bios upgrade for the
>future domain controller ? I am currently using V5.2D.

Do you  know something I don't? I'm not aware of IBM's OS/2 supporting
=ANY= SCSI host adaptors out of the box.

--
 Mike Schuster                                      |    CIS: 70346,1745
 NY Public Access UNIX:  ...cmcl2!panix!schuster    |    MCI Mail, GENIE:

Alykhan_Virani@mindlink.bc.ca (Alykhan Virani) (04/22/91)

> schuster@panix.uucp writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Apr15.222155.5136@panix.uucp>
>
> Org.  : PANIX - Public Access Unix Systems of NY
> Person: Michael Schuster
>
> In article <5484@mindlink.UUCP> Alykhan_Virani@mindlink.UUCP (Alykhan Virani)
> writes:
> >I tried installing IBM OS/2 1.3 on my machine but the installation program
> >refuses to recognize my harddisk. (Seagate)  Is there a bios upgrade for the
> >future domain controller ? I am currently using V5.2D.
> >

> Do you  know something I don't? I'm not aware of IBM's OS/2 supporting
> =ANY= SCSI host adaptors out of the box.
>

> --
>  Mike Schuster                                      |    CIS: 70346,1745
>  NY Public Access UNIX:  ...cmcl2!panix!schuster    |    MCI Mail, GENIE:
>  The Portal (R) System:  schuster@cup.portal.com    | MSCHUSTER

I recently called Future Domain and a techie said that their new SCSI host
adapter (16 bit) has been working with OS/2 1.3.  The older TMC 8xx and 9xx (8
bit) do not work with OS/2.

Alykhan.