[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Info on Mr. Bios wanted.

mgjones@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Mike (Felix) Jones) (04/20/91)

I am looking for information on Mr. Bios.  I would like to know the pros and
cons of it, if it is available to purchase alone, and where I could get it if
it is.  I have seen it briefly on a couple of machines and at my brief look, I
liked the way it was set up.

Please E-Mail me if you know anything about Mr. Bios. Thanks in advance.

					- Mike Jones
				      Student of Systems Analysis
				      Miami University (of Ohio)

rcollins@altos86.Altos.COM (Robert Collins) (04/23/91)

In article <4919.280f3341@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu> mgjones@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Mike (Felix) Jones) writes:
>I am looking for information on Mr. Bios.  I would like to know the pros and
>cons of it, if it is available to purchase alone, and where I could get it if
>it is.  I have seen it briefly on a couple of machines and at my brief look, I
>liked the way it was set up.
>
>Please E-Mail me if you know anything about Mr. Bios. Thanks in advance.
>
>					- Mike Jones
>				      Student of Systems Analysis
>				      Miami University (of Ohio)

I am looking for information on Mr. Bios.  I would like to know the pros and
cons of it, if it is available to purchase alone, and where I could get it if
it is.  I have seen it briefly on a couple of machines and at my brief look, I
liked the way it was set up.

MR BIOS is a new BIOS company, it stands for Microid Research BIOS --
although, even the owner calls it Mister BIOS.  MR BIOS is available for
all the modern chipsets on '286, '386 (DX & SX), and '486.  It is designed
in a modular fashion that allows easy porting to new hardware platforms.

Speed:
MR BIOS is faster on every test of every known benchmark that AMI, Award,
or Phoenix.  In some cases MR BIOS is up to 20x faster that the competition,
but the very least is 2-5%, but typically 80% faster.

Compatibility:
The hardware vendors using MR BIOS allege that it is 'more' compatible
than the other BIOS's.  By that they mean that it works with more software
than the others.

MR BIOS is free of CPU-speed-dependant timing loops.  This guarantees that
MR BIOS will work without modification on the faster '386's and '486's,
up to 66Mhz in its current design.  Beyond 66Mhz, MR BIOS will have to be
modified, at the cost of supporting the slower CPU speeds (5-8Mhz).

MR BIOS is available by calling the manufacturer:
(408) 395-4096

--
"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."  Mat. 4:10
Robert Collins                 UUCP:  ...!sun!altos86!rcollins