[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] SMALL motherboards

gerardka@hobbes.ism.isc.com (Gerard Kam) (04/24/91)

In article <14572@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com> wmc@phx.mcd.mot.com (Wayne Cronin) writes:

> I'd like to build a 286 or 386 system in as small a space as possible, so
> I'm looking for a suitable motherboard.
>
> I do know about the Ampro boards, but does anybody else make something
> similar?
>

> What I'd really like to find is a small motherboard that has some of the
> I/O onboard, like maybe the disk controller or video.

	How about a AT bus half card, with 20MHz 286, up to 4MB ram,
	2 serial, 1 parallel, floppy and hard disk controllers and
	watch dog timer?  Try
		TEKNOR Microsystems Inc
		PO Box 455
		Sainte-Therese (Quebec), Canada J7E 4J8
		1(514)437-5682
		fax (514)437-8053
	(I've only seen their ads, never used the product.)

	Also, Ampro now has about 3 form factors: 5 1/4 floppy size,
	a AT bus card, and a "mini-module".

	Gerard