[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] SyncMaster 4

pschwart@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Paul Schwartz) (04/22/91)

    I'm thinking about buying a new big monitor.  At least 16".  Does anyone
have any experience with Samsungs SyncMater 4?  Its a 17"er, and is real cheap.
Any comments would be appreciated.

    						- Z -

|  PauL M SchwartZ              |   There are many causes worth dying for,    |
|  PSCHWART@macc.wisc.edu       |         but none worth killing for.         |
|  PSCHWART@wiscmacc.BitNet     |                             - Gandhi        |

li@athena.cs.uga.edu (Jialin li) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr22.142732.29642@macc.wisc.edu> pschwart@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Paul Schwartz) writes:

>    I'm thinking about buying a new big monitor.  At least 16".  Does anyone
>have any experience with Samsungs SyncMater 4?  Its a 17"er, and is real cheap.
>Any comments would be appreciated.
>
>    						- Z -

I bought a syncmaster 4 few weeks ago. It works fine, i mean much
better than the NEC multisync 4D. It is also bigger. The only thing
I am not sure is that I couldn't find anything about non-interlaced
mode anywhere. I remember it was mention in one of their earlier
ads, but they don't mention it now.

You will like it, it looks almost as good as my 19" SUN monitor
next to it. But Samsung had QC problems before.

jialin

ong@d.cs.okstate.edu (ONG ENG TENG) (04/23/91)

From article <1991Apr22.142732.29642@macc.wisc.edu>, by pschwart@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Paul Schwartz):

>     I'm thinking about buying a new big monitor.  At least 16".  Does anyone
> have any experience with Samsungs SyncMater 4?  Its a 17"er, and is real cheap.
> Any comments would be appreciated.

I looked around and could NOT find anybody who has stock of SyncMaster 4.
They advertised, but when I want to order, they say out-of-stock and
asked if I like to order any way.  I told them "You got to be kidding".
Please let us know if you find any place that has stock and
also give us the price and what you think of the monitor (after actually
using it).

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (04/25/91)

Unforutunately no one seems to have actually seen a SyncMaster 4 or a
Goldster 16" on the net.  *sigh*  However, I have seen the SyncMaster 3,
and it was real nice.  Also, a friend of mine said he saw the SM4, and said
it was nice.  But this is hearsay.

Hope this helps,

Brian