[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Composite -> VGA...

kdorff@nmsu.edu (Kevin C. Dorff) (04/25/91)

It is possible to feed in a composite signal to a vga analog monitor
for viewing purposes?  What kind of interface would you need, does it
exist, can it be build, how much, does someone sell one, how much is
that?   Thanks mucho!

--

            Kevin Dorff
            kdorff@nmsu.edu

yhchung@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (ying-hung chung) (04/26/91)

In article <KDORFF.91Apr25100744@dante.nmsu.edu> kdorff@nmsu.edu (Kevin C. Dorff) writes:

>It is possible to feed in a composite signal to a vga analog monitor
>for viewing purposes?  What kind of interface would you need, does it
>exist, can it be build, how much, does someone sell one, how much is
>that?   Thanks mucho!
>
>--

Yes, if you have a multiscan VGA.

Check the Oct 1990 issue of Radio-Electronic.  There was an article
on building a video converter that can accept NTSC signal and display
it on a multiscan VGA monitor.
You can order the parts/parital kit from Harmonic Research Inc
193 Villanova Drive, Paramus, NJ 07652 (201) 652-3277

I was thinking of building one, but I have been too busy with my school work
.
Oh yes, the kit is about $100.

Yhchung