[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Good ~$900 SCSI hard drive?

jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Jason Merrill) (04/26/91)

The PC Lab here has about $900 bucks to buy a SCSI hard drive for our
fileserver.  Any recommendations?

--
Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu
jmerrill@hmcvax.bitnet			..!uunet!jarthur!jmerrill

fangchin@elaine54.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) (04/26/91)

In article <JMERRILL.91Apr25143308@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Jason Merrill) writes:
>The PC Lab here has about $900 bucks to buy a SCSI hard drive for our
>fileserver.  Any recommendations?

How about Conner 3.5" SCSI at 200 Megs?  The current prices have dropped to
below $700 now if you shop *really* carefully.  Conner is going to introduce
300 Meg SCSI 3.5" drive soon, but I haven't heard any final date for shipping
yet.  The price is rumored around $900 or so last time I heard.

However, if your need if more then 200~300 Megs, Fujitsu makes some good
ones which are not too expansive either but at this moment I don't have
any handy info for you.

Good Luck

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department