[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] SoundBlaster Audio Display

gzc@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Geor-Zen Chang) (04/29/91)

	Does anyone know where I might find a program for the
SoundBlaster which produces an UV Meter on the screen.  I'd like to
hook up my stereo system to my 386 so that any audio output will be
displayed on my screen.

	An ideal output on the screen would be a few UV bars for the
left and right channels.  I've seen programs which produce a WAVE
display (i.e. an oscilloscope display.) but I'm looking for BARS..

	Any suggestions private or public would be appreciated.

|  Geor-zen Chang		         Internet: gzc@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu |
|  Columbia University							      |
|  "We should find perfect existence through imperfect existence." -S. Suzuki |

smsmith@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) (04/30/91)

>gzc@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Geor-Zen Chang) writes:
>	Does anyone know where I might find a program for the
>SoundBlaster which produces an UV Meter on the screen...
>
>... I've seen programs which produce a WAVE
>display (i.e. an oscilloscope display.) but I'm looking for BARS..

Try the newest release of Trakblaster.  It will only play AMIGA
sound files (.mod files), but AMIGA sound files sound better
than .cmf, .rol, and .voc files anyway.  Trakblaster 2.0 shows
a list of instruments being used at the top of the screen, under
that are 4 oscilloscopes (one for each of the 4 AMIGA channels),
under that is a large oscilloscope for general sound, and at the
bottom are bars running from the left side of the screen all the
way over to the right.  A truly IMPRESSIVE display.  To be able
to display all this you need a FAST computer (386/25+) and a
VGA screen.

FTP from kfps-roble6-dynamic.stanford.edu.

Stephen M. Smith  \  +  /
<smsmith@hpuxa.   \+++++/    " #*&<-[89s]*(k#$@-_=//a2$]'+=.(2_&*%>,,@
 ircc.ohio-state. \  +  /      {7%*@,..":27g)-=,#*:.#,/6&1*.4-,l@#9:-)  "
 edu>             \  +  /
 BTW, WYSInaWYG   \  +  /                              --witty.saying.ARC

gzc@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Geor-Zen Chang) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.202119.4707@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> smsmith@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) writes:
>>gzc@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Geor-Zen Chang) writes:
>>	Does anyone know where I might find a program for the
>>SoundBlaster which produces an UV Meter on the screen...
>>
>>... I've seen programs which produce a WAVE
>>display (i.e. an oscilloscope display.) but I'm looking for BARS..

>smsmith@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) writes:
>
>Try the newest release of Trakblaster.  It will only play AMIGA
>sound files (.mod files), but AMIGA sound files sound better
>than .cmf, .rol, and .voc files anyway.  Trakblaster 2.0 shows

Thanks for the reply but what I am exactly looking for is a program
that will produce a nice display as I feed the SoundBlaster some Audio
via the digitizing port.

If you have seen the SB OSCILLOSCOPE feature of DigiPlayer v2.5 that is
similar to what I'd like except that I'd prefer equalizer bars instead
of a oscilliscope wave.