[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] redefining keys

glosson@mdtf12.fnal.gov (Rich Glosson) (04/24/91)

I would like to redefine my control key to be the caplock key and vice-versa.
I have an enhanced keyboard and a 386 system that is running DOS 4.0.

Thanks for any help!

glosson@mdtf12.fnal.gov

andyh@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Andrew J. Huang) (05/02/91)

In article <UHQT7RS@linac.fnal.gov> glosson@mdtf12.fnal.gov (Rich Glosson) writes:
>I would like to redefine my control key to be the caplock key and vice-versa.
>I have an enhanced keyboard and a 386 system that is running DOS 4.0.
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>glosson@mdtf12.fnal.gov

I wanted to do the same but since caps-lock is a local switch on the
keyboard, it can't be changed by software inside the system.  However,
a half hour with my screwdriver, X-acto knife and soldering iron
fixed the problem.

-andy huang