[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Is the seagate st-02 scsi controler any good?

IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) (05/03/91)

  Is it any good?  Also are there any scsi controlers that don't suffer
from a delay when booting up?

                             -Thanks
                                 -Tom

hdrw@ibmpcug.co.uk (Howard Winter) (05/05/91)

In article <91122.194836IO91461@MAINE.BITNET> IO91461@MAINE.BITNET (Tom Nezwek) writes:

>   Is it any good?  Also are there any scsi controlers that don't suffer
> from a delay when booting up?
>
>                              -Thanks
>                                  -Tom

I have the ST-01 (same as the '02 but without the floppy controller)
and I drive an ST296N (80Mb 28mS) with it.
I wish I had something faster - I don't know which is causing it but
the interleave needs to be 3:1 (giving about 300Kbytes/sec transfer).

If I started again I would get something better - wither Adaptec
(most seem to recommend this) or WD FASST - which also has a good
press.  But actually my next upgrade will be changing to IDE drive(s).

Good luck!
Howard.
--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not