[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Jumpers for Colorado Tape Drive

sra@idx.com (05/06/91)

I recently picked up a Colorado Tape drive with Firmware rev 40.  Unfortunately
it's just different enough from my other drive.  Can anyone tell me how to
configure the jumpers for a "B" drive.  This version looks (on the edge) like

		xxxxxxxx       xxxxxxxx
        	      1  o o o  3
		      4	 o o o  6

My other drive had 2 rows of 5 pins, not just three.  Thanks, steve

  /------------------------------------------------------------------------\
  \--------------------------- sra @ idx.com ------------------------------/

n65j@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (05/08/91)

In article <1991May6.081851.2262@idx.com>,
sra@idx.com writes:
> I recently picked up a Colorado Tape drive with Firmware rev 40.  Unfortunately
> it's just different enough from my other drive.  Can anyone tell me how to
> configure the jumpers for a "B" drive.  This version looks (on the edge) like
>
> 		xxxxxxxx       xxxxxxxx
>         	      1  o o o  3
> 		      4	 o o o  6
>
> My other drive had 2 rows of 5 pins, not just three.  Thanks, steve

>   >   Steve Alpert (W1GGN)  IDX Corporation    Marlborough, Massachusetts  <

My DJ10 manual came with a hardware update page which shows the three-pair
configuration.  It indicates that all three pairs should be bridged for
the terminated case and they should be left unbridged for the unterminated
case.  It appears that they just got rid of the two pairs which formerly
served as drive selects.  If they just hardwired the old default of DS1,
then you already have a B: address.  (DS0 would have been A:.)

-- Steve Pacenka, Cornell U.