[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] IBM GAME PORT

bruceh@servprod.inel.gov (Bruce Hiltbrand) (04/24/91)

I relize this question has been asked a zillion times already, but
I need the pin out of the IBM game port(s).  I've seen it here before
but I didn't have the forsight to save it.
Sorry about being stupid.

Thanks in advance for the help.

--Bruce (bruceh@servprod.inel.gov)

I disclaim everything except the things I don't.

donm@pnet07.cts.com (Don Maslin) (04/25/91)

bruceh@servprod.inel.gov (Bruce Hiltbrand) writes:
>I need the pin out of the IBM game port(s).  I've seen it here before
>but I didn't have the forsight to save it.

             GAME CONTROL ADAPTER CABLES

   Female 15-pin D-Sub Connector, cable requires male.

             Pin     I/O      Description
              1       >       +5 Volts
              2       <       Button 4
              3       <       Position 0
              4               Ground
              5               Ground
              6       <       Position 1
              7       <       Button 5
              8       >       +5 Volts
              9       >       +5 Volts
             10       <       Button 6
             11       <       Position 2
             12               Ground
             13       <       Position 3
             14       <       Button 7
             15       >       +5 Volts

Keeper of the CP/M System Disk | UUCP: {nosc ucsd crash ncr-sd}!pnet07!donm
Archives for the Dino(saur)SIG | ARPA: simasd!pnet07!donm@nosc.mil
- San Diego Computer Society - | INET: donm@pnet07.cts.com

wdp@ee.egr.duke.edu (William D. Palmer) (05/09/91)

To: dougc@bert.cs.byu.edu (DOUG CANNON)

Sorry to use up net bandwidth, but due to chronic mail bounce ...

Try looking at "Joystick Metrics" by Michael A. Covington.  It's in the
May 1985 issue of PC Tech Journal.  If you can't find a copy in your local
library, email me with your FAX number and I'll send it to you.

Dev Palmer
wdp@dukee.egr.duke.edu
Duke Electrical Engineering
Room 309 Old Engineering Bldg.