[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Soundcards - Soundblaster II !!!

becker@hkkk.fi (Kai Becker) (05/09/91)

Note: Just a while ago there was a big computer fair in London and
they introduced Soundblaster II card, which offers far better sounds
than old Soundblaster. So that's why the price of the Soundblaster is
going down fast and retailers are dumping their inventories and
waiting for the new one to be released. The rumours say that it should
be released in June and I think that it's highly likely because the
card at the fair was finished one.

--
 *  Kai Becker - Helsinki School of Economics and Business Adminst.  *
 *	Internet:   becker@karl.hkkk.fi	      -The road to success   *

sigma@obee.ipl.rpi.edu (Kevin Martin) (05/11/91)

becker@hkkk.fi (Kai Becker) writes:
>Note: Just a while ago there was a big computer fair in London and
>they introduced Soundblaster II card, which offers far better sounds
>than old Soundblaster. So that's why the price of the Soundblaster is
>going down fast and retailers are dumping their inventories and
>waiting for the new one to be released. The rumours say that it should
>be released in June and I think that it's highly likely because the
>card at the fair was finished one.

If anyone has the specs on this new card or any more information, please
post!  I'd be interested in replies via e-mail, too; I won't get to read
news very much soon.

--
Kevin Martin
sigma@ipl.rpi.edu

pschwart@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Paul M Schwartz) (05/11/91)

In article <0p0g49+@rpi.edu>, sigma@obee.ipl.rpi.edu (Kevin Martin) writes...

>becker@hkkk.fi (Kai Becker) writes:
>>Note: Just a while ago there was a big computer fair in London and
>>they introduced Soundblaster II card, which offers far better sounds
>>than old Soundblaster. So that's why the price of the Soundblaster is
>>going down fast and retailers are dumping their inventories and
>>waiting for the new one to be released. The rumours say that it should
>>be released in June and I think that it's highly likely because the
>>card at the fair was finished one.
>
>If anyone has the specs on this new card or any more information, please
>post!  I'd be interested in replies via e-mail, too; I won't get to read
>news very much soon.

    I think the only difference is support for on board mixing (software
control of the various sound levels).  THis is part of the new Microsoft
CD-ROM standard.

    						- Z -

|  PauL M SchwartZ              |   There are many causes worth dying for,    |
|  PSCHWART@macc.wisc.edu       |         but none worth killing for.         |
|  PSCHWART@wiscmacc.BitNet     |                             - Gandhi        |