[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Pinouts for db9 serial connector,

donm@pnet07.cts.com (Don Maslin) (05/15/91)

gathings@hydra3b.cs.utk.edu (Golando Gathings) writes:
>I am trying to make a db9 to db25  null modem cable , and  need the pinouts
>
>for a serial db9 connector.  If any one has any ideas on this please let me know

           Alternate Asynchronous Adapter Connector
           Male 9=Pin D-Sub, cable requires female.

      DB9     I/O     Description                         DB25

       1       <       DCD (Data Carrier Detect)            8
       2       <       RX (Receive Data)                    3
       3       >       TX (Transmit Data)                   2
       4       >       DTR (Data Terminal Ready)            20
       5               GND (Signal Ground)                  7
       6       <       DSR (Data Set Ready)                 6
       7       >       RTS (Request To Send)                4
       8       <       CTS (Clear To Send)                  5
       9       <       RI (Ring Indicator)                  22

Keeper of the CP/M System Disk | UUCP: {nosc ucsd crash ncr-sd}!pnet07!donm
Archives for the Dino(saur)SIG | ARPA: simasd!pnet07!donm@nosc.mil
- San Diego Computer Society - | INET: donm@pnet07.cts.com