[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Chips & Technology PEAK/386 chipset

jdi@postgres.Berkeley.EDU (John Irwin) (05/14/91)

Does anyone have the datasheet/technical manual for the C&T Peak/386
chipset?  I've just bought an Amptron motherboard that has this
chipset and I'd like to see a more complete description of what the
set offers than what the motherboard manual gives me.

Thanks for the bandwidth,

	-- John
	   jdi@postgres.berkeley.edu

brim@cbmvax.commodore.com (Mike Brim - Product Assurance) (05/15/91)

In article <42132@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> jdi@postgres.Berkeley.EDU (John Irwin) writes:
> Does anyone have the datasheet/technical manual for the C&T Peak/386
> chipset?  I've just bought an Amptron motherboard that has this
> chipset and I'd like to see a more complete description of what the
> set offers than what the motherboard manual gives me.
>
> Thanks for the bandwidth,
>
> 	-- John
> 	   jdi@postgres.berkeley.edu

call C&T at 408-434-0600
Disclaimer: I don't speak for my company or myself.

Mike Brim			     |	Commodore Electronics Limited
PC Analyst - System Evaluation Group | 	West Chester, PA 19380
Product Assurance		     |	InterNet: brim@cbmvax.commodore.com

jdi@postgres.uucp (John Irwin) (05/15/91)

In article <21563@cbmvax.commodore.com> brim@cbmvax.commodore.com (Mike Brim - Product Assurance) writes:
>> Does anyone have the datasheet/technical manual for the C&T Peak/386
>> chipset?  I've just bought an Amptron motherboard that has this
>> chipset and I'd like to see a more complete description of what the
>> set offers than what the motherboard manual gives me.
>
>call C&T at 408-434-0600

Consider me chastised.  I assumed from conversations I had read on various
BBS that C&T were difficult to talk to.  Everybody talked about a 'voice
mail system from hell', etc.

But surprise!  I called them, was handed over to a distributor, and within
10 minutes they offered to send me the manual, for free.

Moral: try the conventional channels, even if the so called experts have
       failed that way...

	-- John