[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Micronics 486/33

kwkyan01@uctvax.uct.ac.za (05/13/91)

I'm planning to go for a Micronics 486/33 ISA motherboard with 8 MB of 70 ns
RAM and 64 Kb cache. Has anybody tried it ? Any complaints ?

Please reply by e-mail.

Thanks a lot !

Yann KWOK
KWKYAN01@UCTVAX.UCT.AC.ZA
University of Cape Town

jcburt@ipsun.larc.nasa.gov (John Burton) (05/17/91)

In article <200886.282e9078@uctvax.uct.ac.za> kwkyan01@uctvax.uct.ac.za writes:
>I'm planning to go for a Micronics 486/33 ISA motherboard with 8 MB of 70 ns
>RAM and 64 Kb cache. Has anybody tried it ? Any complaints ?
>
>Please reply by e-mail.
>
>Thanks a lot !
>
>Yann KWOK
>KWKYAN01@UCTVAX.UCT.AC.ZA
>University of Cape Town

How about posting...I for one would like info on this board...
actually I'm trying to decide *which* motherboard to buy...basically
I would like a 386 cached motherboard or better i.e. minimum 386/25 cached
to a maximum of 486/50 (I think ATronics makes such a beast). I would also
like a math coprocessor on board, so...recommendations ? please include
where I can get the board, and the cost...

John

| John Burton                                                        |
| G & A Technical Software                                           |
| jcburt@gatsibm.larc.nasa.gov                                       |
| jcburt@cs.wm.edu                                                   |
| Disclaimer: Hey, what can I say...These are *my* views, not those  |
|             of anyone else, be they employer, school, or government|