[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Lite goes on and on...

schoi@rodan.acs.syr.edu (S. Choi) (05/17/91)

 I have an Adaptec AD2372 RLL controller with 2 hard drives attached.
 Today I noticed this somewhat-not-very-annoying thing.

 Once a drive activity light's turned on, it stays on until the other drive
 is selected.  Is this normal ? Or, am I in trouble ?

   Seokrim Choi  |  schoi@rodan.acs.syr.edu

wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May17.062954.16196@rodan.acs.syr.edu> schoi@rodan.acs.syr.edu (S. Choi) writes:

> I have an Adaptec AD2372 RLL controller with 2 hard drives attached.
> Today I noticed this somewhat-not-very-annoying thing.
>
> Once a drive activity light's turned on, it stays on until the other drive
> is selected.  Is this normal ? Or, am I in trouble ?

That is normal on an AT Machine.   The light on the drive just tells which
disk has been accessed last.  You probably have another light on the front
panel which tells when the disk is actually being accessed, right?

Wim.