[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] faster 486

leach@images.cs.und.ac.za (05/17/91)

 I have a 486-25Mhz. I am going to upgrade to the 33Mhz machine soon.

I want to use a really fast machine, (much faster than my present one)
and would like know how to improve the speed of the 486-33Mhz.

I am not sure if the Wietek Chip is compatible with the 80387 maths co-
processor. Is there any other way or chip that I could buy to increase
my PC's speed?

I would also like information on super fast graphics adaptors.

My SVGA with 1Mb on board is way too slow.

Help please!!

Kesh Govinder

University of Natal - Durban
Dept. of Maths and Applied Maths
South Africa
e-mail : leach@lola.ph.und.ac.za
    or : leach@images.cs.und.ac.za

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (05/18/91)

leach@images.cs.und.ac.za writes:

>I want to use a really fast machine, (much faster than my present one)
>and would like know how to improve the speed of the 486-33Mhz.

Buy a high-end ES9000. 230 mips.

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Since I *OWN* SBS.COM,
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            /  These Opinions Generally