[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] HD help wanted.

kpjone01@ulkyvx.bitnet (05/23/91)

HELP!!!!!!

I need to know how I can configure an IBM WD12 hard drive as drive 2.
All I can find on the HD is the resistor pack and an IC looking piece
that looks like it could work as jumpers. Anyone got a clue??

Kevin
kpjone01
eop

ins845b@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr k.l. lentin) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May22.190215.355@ulkyvx.bitnet> kpjone01@ulkyvx.bitnet writes:
>HELP!!!!!!
>
>I need to know how I can configure an IBM WD12 hard drive as drive 2.
>All I can find on the HD is the resistor pack and an IC looking piece
>that looks like it could work as jumpers. Anyone got a clue??
>
>Kevin
>kpjone01
>eop

Some drive cables actually have a twist in them so that you can leave all the
drives physically configured as drive 1 but the selection lines are twisted so
the one on the end of the cable only recieves a drive 1 signal when the
computer sends a drive 2 signal. etc etc Makes it a lot easier to move drives
around - applies to floppies too (but different wires need to be twisted)

|/
|\evin