[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] How do I get PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES to respond to e-mail?

act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) (05/24/91)

My Uni has need to establish contact with Phoenix Technologies and after
checking NIC I discovered an e-mail address : john@mothra.ptl.com.
After several mailings they don't respond (boo hoo).  Coming from down under
e-mail seemed the best way to contact them, well so I thought.  I wonder if
they read the news??. Are you there Phoenix??

Maybe someone out there who lives 'next door' (San Jose CA) could ring
(408) 452-6500 and ask John M Sully what's occurin' (doc) for me please.
Maybe there's a reason, if not then it would be nice to receive a reply!! :-(.
What's happened to PR?

My other posting deals with a similar problem with AST Research.  I wonder who
has the best PR?
--
 Andrew Turner   :-)    | E-mail : act@csc.canberra.edu.au
 Comp. Services Centre  | +61 6 2522414 / +61 6 2522401

dj@ctron.com (DJ Delorie) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May24.041907.19239@csc.canberra.edu.au>, act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) writes:

> My Uni has need to establish contact with Phoenix Technologies and after
> checking NIC I discovered an e-mail address : john@mothra.ptl.com.
> After several mailings they don't respond (boo hoo).  Coming from down under
> e-mail seemed the best way to contact them, well so I thought.  I wonder if
> they read the news??. Are you there Phoenix??

Good Luck!  When I worked for Data General, we dealt with Phoenix for
our BIOS code.  (1) They *never* answered their phone.  Often they
didn't return their calls, either.  (2) They constantly forgot the
arrangements and requirements we made with them.  We had to repeat our
needs over and over and over again.  (3) Their code was *bad*.  The
3.10 version of their BIOS included fixes we had fixed years before
AND TOLD THEM ABOUT.  Even when we send them a fix they can't
integrate it without breaking the code!  Overall, it took them a year
to produce a VGA BIOS that worked correctly and did what we wanted.

> My other posting deals with a similar problem with AST Research.  I
> wonder who has the best PR?

Award had great support folks and bug fixers.  Most problems were
resolved within a week - from initial call to roms in our hands.  Code
was good, also.  They get my kudos award :-)

DJ
dj@ctron.com