[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] HP Deskjet Cartridge

Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca (Joel Murray) (05/26/91)

> herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991May26.105332.31067@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>
>
> Org.  : University of Kansas Academic Computing Services
>
> [stuff omitted]
>
> The last HP Deskjet cartridge I bought had information about a free upgrade
> kit and how to tell if you need one. [more stuff omitted]
>
> Harvey

Speaking of the upgrade, I just received mine on Friday and installed it within
about 15 minutes.  The installation is easy; the manual is clear.

Print quality seems to be about the same, if not better than before.  As for
using less ink, I'll let you know when I reprint (for the umpteenth time) my
girlfriend's 110 page M.A. thesis (fortunately,  she's the one who's been
buying the ink cartridges!).

    = Joel Murray / Vancouver, British Columbia  /  Canada, Eh? =
    = Joel_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca               "Kuso ga okiru." =

herman@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/26/91)

The last HP Deskjet cartridge I bought had information about a free upgrade
kit and how to tell if you need one.  I had been getting very few printed
pages from each cartridge and ordered one.  While waiting for it to come, my
cartridge stopped printing again very early - no ink flow at all.  I was
desperate, so I took it out and blew in the hole at the top (over the sink.)
I am back printing again with the same cartridge.
Has this been discussed before?  I am a irregular reader and might have missed
postings on this subject.

Harvey