[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Sparc or MIPS on a board?

scotte@applix.com (Scott Evernden) (06/01/91)

Simple question: is anyone making/selling a SPARC or MIPS
add-in processor board for PCs?  Mostly I'm just wondering...

-scott

ken@dali.cc.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (06/03/91)

In article <1206@applix.com> scotte@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>Simple question: is anyone making/selling a SPARC or MIPS
>add-in processor board for PCs?  Mostly I'm just wondering...

yes...several are.

Opus has a SPARC add-in that turns your PC into something of a SS1.
Runs SunOS and everything.

Several of the SPARC fab-houses make PC boards used for cross
development.

I dunno of anyone making a MIPS card equivalent of the Opus offering
(although such a card exsists for the Mac/NuBus).  Several of the MIPS
shops have development boards.

--

	ken seefried iii	"I'll have what the gentleman
	ken@dali.cc.gatech.edu	 on the floor is having..."