[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Insight Computers

zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Marc Zampetti ) (05/24/91)

	Hi, I'm looking to buy a 33MHz 486 from Insight Computers. I would
like to know if anyone has bought stuff from them and what problems, if any,
did they have with the stuff. I know they are part of Hard Drives Internatinal
which is a pretty good company. How good is Insight. How reliable are their
machines. I want to use my system as a UNIX server. Are the Insight machines
capable of running like this for long period of times. Any info about
the company or their products is appreciated.

Please respond via E-Mail.

Thanks,
Marc Zampetti
zampetti@enaic.seas.upenn.edu

jimh@sequent.com (05/24/91)

In article <43712@netnews.upenn.edu> zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Marc Zampetti ) writes:

>	Hi, I'm looking to buy a 33MHz 486 from Insight Computers. I would
>like to know if anyone has bought stuff from them and what problems, if any,
>did they have with the stuff. I know they are part of Hard Drives Internatinal
>which is a pretty good company. How good is Insight. How reliable are their
>machines. I want to use my system as a UNIX server. Are the Insight machines
>capable of running like this for long period of times. Any info about
>the company or their products is appreciated.
>
>Please respond via E-Mail.
>
>Thanks,
>Marc Zampetti
>zampetti@enaic.seas.upenn.edu
I haven't bought a system from Insight.
I talked to some of the sales weenies, though, and got some
literature. I was so unimpressed with both that I discounted
them as a potential candidate to buy my system from. Their
literature was very sloppy and the sales weenies were very
uncaring to the point of rudeness. Their prices sound good so
if anyone has first hand info on them, I'd be interested in
hearing about it. Thanks in advance.

--
 Jim Harrie 	Technical Support Engineer
 Sequent Computer Systems, Inc. (503) 578-5778

zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Marc Zampetti ) (06/03/91)

	Has anyone bought a computer from Insight. I am looking at buying
a 486 -33Mhz. They have a very good price. Anyone heard of problems with
theri machines or their service. Any help appreciated.

Marc Zampetti
zampetti@eniac.seas.upenn.edu