[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Monitor Part Number

mlumeyer@nmsu.edu (Marc Lumeyer) (06/05/91)

Well, here's a shot in the dark.......

I have a problem with my CompuAdd monitor.  I've traced the problem to
the flyback transformer.  >>>>Zapped<<<<<<<

Here's the problem.....What is the part number of the flyback?
CompuAdd doesn't make their own monitors, Hitachi does.  I've got a
CompuAdd part number for the monitor but no Hitachi part number.

To order a part for the monitor, I need the Hitachi part number, but
neither CompuAdd or Hitachi recognize the numbers I give them.

I'd love a schematic, or at least a new direction to look for one!
(I've already been phone-f***ed all over the country.

The CompuAdd part number for the monitor is 51086.
 "      "    model number "   "     "    "  CJ4681.

If anybody out there has any info regarding part numbers or ways to
get part numbers, I'd be eternally gratefull for advice.

I've already removed the flyback and couldn't find any numbers that
look like Hitachi flyback numbers.  (i.e. SAMS manual numbers)

Thanx in advance

--
/------------------------\
|    Marc A. Lumeyer     | That's the trouble with story problems...
|  <mlumeyer@nmsu.edu>   |   I always get too involved in the story.
\------EE-MadGrad--------/                      Funky Winkerbean

mlumeyer@nmsu.edu (Marc Lumeyer) (06/05/91)

Just an added note to the above problem........

Please send responses via Email as I may miss responses in GNUS

by-the-way...are there other groups where I can post my problem

thanx again

Marc

--
/------------------------\

honeywel@chama.unm.edu (Honeywell Field Service) (06/05/91)

In article <1413@opus.NMSU.Edu> mlumeyer@nmsu.edu (Marc Lumeyer) writes:
>I have a problem with my CompuAdd monitor.  I've traced the problem to
>the flyback transformer.  >>>>Zapped<<<<<<<
>
>If anybody out there has any info regarding part numbers or ways to
>get part numbers, I'd be eternally gratefull for advice.

For anyone looking for replacement flybacks, I would suggest you try
calling C.R.C. Components Inc., (818)330-1266, (800)366-1272, 15308
E. Valley Blvd., City of Industry, CA 91746.  These people specialize
in power transformers and flyback transformers for virtually every
make of monitor.

On another subject, someone inquired about the possibility of replacing
their noisy fan.  This isn't particularly difficult and there are
"quietized" fans available.  The important thing is to be careful to
replace your fan with one that moves the same, or greater, volume of
air.  The vendor should have the specs on the cfm, cubic feet/minute of
airflow.  You can probably get by with a crude "touchy/feely" approach
to testing the airflow, but it is important to keep in mind that this
fans provides cooling to your entire system  not just the power supply.
If your local electronic parts stores are inadequate, try the "Allied"
catalog--I've had good results with the Allied "Flight 90" series on
Apollo systems.

    HONEYWELL Third Party Computer Service  --  1(800) 525-7439
    Mike Thomas, Senior Technician, Albuquerque, New Mexico
    honeywel@wayback.unm.edu   (505) 888-5820