[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Laser printer's power on or off???

spyen@netcom.COM (Shyh-Pei Yen) (06/11/91)

Alright, we already heard the debate about whether it is better to leave the
computer on or turn it off if you are not going to use it for a while (like
overnight or weekends). Now another question, based on the electronic/mechanism
of laser printer, is it better to leave it on for overnight or better turn
it off?

spyen@netcom.com
(Still looking for a good sig.)

mig@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Meir) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun11.064707.16337@netcom.COM> spyen@netcom.COM (Shyh-Pei Yen) writes:
>Alright, we already heard the debate about whether it is better to leave the
>computer on or turn it off if you are not going to use it for a while (like
>overnight or weekends). Now another question, based on the electronic/mechanism
>of laser printer, is it better to leave it on for overnight or better turn
>it off?
>
>spyen@netcom.com
>(Still looking for a good sig.)

Examine the specs for your laser.  It probably consumes a LOT of power if left
on overnight.  Definitely leave it on throughout the workday, though.  I
believe that the LN03s are left on all the time, here at our computer centers.

 * * * * * * ====================== (Internet) mig@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
* * * * * *  ====================== meir@msb.com  mig@asteroids.cs.columbia.edu
 * * * * * * ====================== (Amateur Radio) N2JPG