[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] WD8003 ethernet docs wanted

bill@pyrite.nj.pyramid.com (Bill Pechter) (06/09/91)

I just picked up a pair of WD8003e ethernet cards without docs.  Looks
like the WD BBS is gone so I can't download the stuff.  Can anyone post the
info or mail me the necessary settings.

I'd like hard copy but email on jumper settings would be fine.

I'll be happy to pay copying costs and mail fees... if you can't post the
info.

Bill
--
Bill Pechter                       | "The postmaster always pings twice."
Pyramid Technology                 | bill@pyrite.nj.pyramid.com

gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (06/12/91)

In article <556@pyrite.nj.pyramid.com>, bill@pyrite.nj.pyramid.com (Bill Pechter) writes:
>I just picked up a pair of WD8003e ethernet cards without docs.  Looks
>like the WD BBS is gone so I can't download the stuff.  Can anyone post the
>info or mail me the necessary settings.

Well, the BBS isn't dead - was just on it today.

Phone #  714/753-1086   Courier HST 9600
Phone #  714/753-1234   1200/2400 bps

---
Jim Gaynor - AgVAX System Manager - Academic Computing - Ohio State University
VMS:<gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu>  UNIX:<gaynor@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Disclaimer : All opinions expressed here are mine and only mine.  So there!
Witty Quote: "Think, think, think, think..." - Winnie-the-Pooh, Taoist Bear.

berger@clio.sts.uiuc.edu (Mike Berger) (06/14/91)

bill@pyrite.nj.pyramid.com (Bill Pechter) writes:

>I just picked up a pair of WD8003e ethernet cards without docs.  Looks
>like the WD BBS is gone so I can't download the stuff.  Can anyone post the
>info or mail me the necessary settings.
*----
There was a notice on the WD BBS a month or two ago warning that the
phone number was going to be changed.  I don't have the new number
offhand, but I'll bet the BBS is still there.
--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois

hughes@logos.ucs.indiana.edu (larry hughes) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.170218.1381@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> berger@clio.sts.uiuc.edu (Mike Berger) writes:
>bill@pyrite.nj.pyramid.com (Bill Pechter) writes:
>
>>I just picked up a pair of WD8003e ethernet cards without docs.  Looks
>>like the WD BBS is gone so I can't download the stuff.  Can anyone post the
>>info or mail me the necessary settings.
>*----
>There was a notice on the WD BBS a month or two ago warning that the
>phone number was going to be changed.  I don't have the new number
>offhand, but I'll bet the BBS is still there.

I called 1-800-832-4778 a few weeks ago, and they gave me the BBS
number.  Unfortunately I didn't save it, but you can get it with
the above number.

||       Larry J. Hughes, Jr.        ||          hughes@indiana.edu          ||
||        Indiana University         ||                                      ||
||   University Computing Services   ||   "The person who knows everything   ||
||    750 N. State Road 46 Bypass    ||      has a lot to learn."            ||
||      Bloomington, IN  47405       ||                                      ||
||         (812) 855-9255            ||   Disclaimer: Same as my quote...    ||