[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] What is an 8513?

bjorn@valhalla.esd.sgi.com (Bjorn Kristian Lindstrom) (06/06/91)

What is an 8513 monitor and card.  I know it is made by IBM, but is it
EGA?  VGA?  If it's VGA, does it have MCGA?

I need to know... thanks!

Bjorn

shutton@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Scott K. Hutton) (06/07/91)

It's 640x480 VGA, ~12" diag. measurement.

  Scott K. Hutton, KA9WTR           Internet:  SHutton@UCS.Indiana.edu
  UCS Support Services                         SHutton@Bronze.UCS.Indiana.edu
  Indiana University                  Bitnet:  SHutton@IUIS, SHutton@IUBACS

tgoose@eng.umd.edu (Jason Garms) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun6.162114.4130@odin.corp.sgi.com>, bjorn@valhalla.esd.sgi.com (Bjorn Kristian Lindstrom) writes:
> What is an 8513 monitor and card.  I know it is made by IBM, but is it
> EGA?  VGA?  If it's VGA, does it have MCGA?
>
> I need to know... thanks!
>
> Bjorn

An 8513 monitor is IBM's standard 13" (I think) VGA monitor.  It is actually
a piece of crap (In my humble opinion).  I have never heard of an 8513 card,
but it would be a card that supports standard VGA register support.

Jason Garms
tgoose@eng.umd.edu

ncc1701@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Mark O. Chadwick) (06/12/91)

tgoose@eng.umd.edu (Jason Garms) writes:
>In article <1991Jun6.162114.4130@odin.corp.sgi.com>, bjorn@valhalla.esd.sgi.com (Bjorn Kristian Lindstrom) writes:
>> What is an 8513 monitor and card.  I know it is made by IBM, but is it
>> EGA?  VGA?  If it's VGA, does it have MCGA?
>>

>An 8513 monitor is IBM's standard 13" (I think) VGA monitor.  It is actually
>a piece of crap (In my humble opinion).  I have never heard of an 8513 card,
>but it would be a card that supports standard VGA register support.

Are you sure we aren't talking about an 8514 card?  Not that I know much about
it (other than it's more than I can afford! :-) ...

--
Mark "Emerson" Chadwick         ncc1701@rpi.edu  or  usergdes@rpitsmts.bitnet
"It has come to the attention of management that employees have been dying on

Think it's a small VGA monitor. I believe that QC was a problem in the
near past and IBM will exchange a bunch of serial numbers for new even
*before* they fail.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX