[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Connecting VGA monitors - Was: VGA Cards using ET4000 ...

phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Phil Howard KA9WGN) (06/18/91)

tmkk@uiuc.edu (K. Khan) writes:

>One interesting note: In my original post, I neglected to mention that I
>also needed a standard IBM feature connector (the flat card-edge type
>connector) - yes, I actually have a piece of hardware which makes use of
>the feature connector! ;-) Silly me, I assumed that just about every
>SuperVGA card on the market would have a "standard" feature connector.
>Much to my dismay, I discovered that a great many SVGA cards do NOT have
>a standard feature connector. Instead, manufacturers such as Diamond,
>Boca, and Orchid stick a funky DIP header connector onto the card
>instead. Unfortunately, this makes quite a few of the cards out there
>useless to me. It just goes to show what happens when you assume...

Are you saying that there are two different kinds of connectors for VGA?
I'm not sure yet what you mean.

What monitors can connect, or not connect, to a Diamond Speedstar?
Anybody know if an IBM 8508 monitor will work with that card?
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu   |  Guns don't aim guns at  \