[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need Recommandation for 386/33 Motherboard

wliu@watnow.uwaterloo.ca (Weicheng Liu) (06/18/91)

We are on the process negotiating with a local PC vendor to buy
a number of 386/33 systems. These are built on a cheap no-name
(or may have a stranger brand name) motherboard. At this stage,
the vendor agreed to let us select a specific motherboard with
the chipset either OPTI, C&T or SISC. Could someone on the net
provide advice about which one among those three is good and
if possible, point out some particular names of motherboards
that are fully compatible with OS/2 and Window 3.0.
If this was discussed before, could someone send me a short
summary or direct me to where I can get answers for above
questions. Thanks.

--
Weicheng
--

wliu@watnow.waterloo.edu (Weicheng Liu) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun18.040519.28398@watserv1.waterloo.edu> wliu@watnow.uwaterloo.ca (Weicheng Liu) writes:
>We are on the process negotiating with a local PC vendor to buy
>a number of 386/33 systems. These are built on a cheap no-name
>(or may have a stranger brand name) motherboard. At this stage,
>the vendor agreed to let us select a specific motherboard with
>the chipset either OPTI, C&T or SISC. Could someone on the net
>provide advice about which one among those three is good and
>if possible, point out some particular names of motherboards
>that are fully compatible with OS/2 and Window 3.0.
>If this was discussed before, could someone send me a short
>summary or direct me to where I can get answers for above
>questions. Thanks.

I would like to get some advice from net about which brand name
super monitor (1024x768) has the better reliability and
performance. The venfor let us choose from the followings:

POWER II
AMAZING
RADIUS
TATUNG

Thanks again.

--
Weicheng

e4666881@rick.cs.ubc.ca (richard louie) (06/19/91)

     I would have a look at each of the monitors (have them side by side) and
see which one you like the best (after all, you are going to be looking at
them for a long time!).
     My personal suggestion would be to take the Tatungs - they're excellent
monitors!  Forget about the Amazing - amazingly bad. Look into getting some
Acer monitors - pretty good at an amazing price.

Richard