[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] ATI VGA+ bundled mouse

keegan-edward@CS.YALE.EDU (Edward Keegan) (06/19/91)

Anyone using the mouse that come bundled with the ATI VGA+? Is it plug
compatible with the Microsoft bus mouse? Are there special drivers?
Thanks in advance...

--ed
--
Edward T. Keegan, Facility Director               E-MAIL: keegan@cs.yale.edu
Yale University, Computer Science Department       PHONE: 1-203-432-1254

e4666881@rick.cs.ubc.ca (richard louie) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.204126.16695@cs.yale.edu> keegan-edward@CS.YALE.EDU (Edward Keegan) writes:

>Anyone using the mouse that come bundled with the ATI VGA+? Is it plug
>compatible with the Microsoft bus mouse? Are there special drivers?

     I have been using the ATI VGA Wonder and the Wonder + for about two
years now (2 years for the Wonder and three months for the +).  I have
not experienced anything out of the ordinary with their Microsoft compatible
mouse; in fact, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a VGA
card and a mouse!
     The plug is fully Microsoft compatible (I haven't actually tried it)
according to the documentation. And the only driver which you may need is
the standrad mouse driver which is included with the unit.

Richard

bgeer@javelin.sim.es.com (Bob Geer) (06/20/91)

e4666881@rick.cs.ubc.ca (richard louie) writes:
>In article <1991Jun18.204126.16695@cs.yale.edu> keegan-edward@CS.YALE.EDU (Edward Keegan) writes:
>>Anyone using the mouse that come bundled with the ATI VGA+? Is it plug
>>compatible with the Microsoft bus mouse? Are there special drivers?
>...  The plug is fully Microsoft compatible (I haven't actually tried it)
>according to the documentation. And the only driver which you may need is
>the standrad mouse driver which is included with the unit.

ATI maintains a BBS at:

	ATI BBS:  (416)756-4591

from which their latest mouse & video drivers & VGA utility software
can be downloaded.  My ATI VGA Wonder mouse (actually made by
Logitech) works fine with Win3.

--
<> Bob `Bear' Geer <>   bgeer%javelin.sim.es.com   (this *should* work)   <>
<>     cola-zombie <>   speaking only for myself, one of my many tricks   <>