[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] NS16550 chip family diffs?

jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Jason Merrill) (06/20/91)

What are all the chips in the National Semiconductor 16550 UART family, and
what is the difference between them?  I am aware of the 16550AN and the
16550AFN; are there others?

Jason Merrill
jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu

fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) (06/22/91)

In article <JMERRILL.91Jun19215020@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Jason Merrill) writes:
>What are all the chips in the National Semiconductor 16550 UART family, and
>what is the difference between them?  I am aware of the 16550AN and the
>16550AFN; are there others?

I would suggest you get a copy of the X00 FOSSIL.  The docs for this have
good description and hands on information that is useful to a modem user.
The filename is something like:  X00_V124.*
--
 __
/  \ Micro Magic  1:373/12  (205)830-2362  keith@umagic.fidonet.org