[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] <25316@macc.wisc.edu>

neese@adaptx1.UUCP (06/21/91)

>/* ---------- "Adaptec 1542B and Fujitsu SCSI driv" ---------- */
>I am attempting to install a Fujitsu M2263S/H SCSI drive in a DTK 386/33
>machine (with DTK BOIS) and a Trident 256kb SVGA card. I can boot from
>floppy and create a partition on the HD, format it and put a SYStem on it,
>but the machine will not boot from the drive.  The adaptec BIOS finds the
>drive, and the DTK BIOS is configured for NO-DRIVe like the adaptec manual
>says to do.  After looking for a floppy in drive A:, the system hangs.
>The Adaptec BIOS is loading in a good memory location (video is not
>interferring).  Any ideas??  Any help would really be appreciated.

I have run into a similar problem with a Premier 386/33 system.  It uses
a deriative of the AMI BIOS.  Can create/access the disk from the floppy
just fine, but it will not boot at all.  Near as I can tell, it has something
to do with the motherboard BIOS, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll post.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Senior SCSI Applications Engineer
			UUCP @  neese@adaptex
				uunet!cs.utexas.edu!utacfd!merch!adaptex!neese

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (06/27/91)

In article <284500030@adaptx1> neese@adaptx1.UUCP writes:

>>/* ---------- "Adaptec 1542B and Fujitsu SCSI driv" ---------- */
>>I am attempting to install a Fujitsu M2263S/H SCSI drive in a DTK 386/33
>>machine (with DTK BOIS) and a Trident 256kb SVGA card. I can boot from
>>floppy and create a partition on the HD, format it and put a SYStem on it,
>>but the machine will not boot from the drive.  The adaptec BIOS finds the
>>drive, and the DTK BIOS is configured for NO-DRIVe like the adaptec manual
>>says to do.  After looking for a floppy in drive A:, the system hangs.
>>The Adaptec BIOS is loading in a good memory location (video is not
>>interferring).  Any ideas??  Any help would really be appreciated.
>
>I have run into a similar problem with a Premier 386/33 system.  It uses
>a deriative of the AMI BIOS.  Can create/access the disk from the floppy
>just fine, but it will not boot at all.  Near as I can tell, it has something
>to do with the motherboard BIOS, but as soon as I figure it out, I'll post.

I have a noname clone with AMI BIOS and it seems to like my AHA1542B just fine.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254

skipm@dorsai.com (Dorsai SysOp) (06/29/91)

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) writes:

> >>I am attempting to install a Fujitsu M2263S/H SCSI drive in a DTK 386/33
> >>machine (with DTK BOIS) and a Trident 256kb SVGA card. I can boot from
> >>floppy and create a partition on the HD, format it and put a SYStem on it,

Your worst problem is what your machine is : DTK. I've had lots of
problems with their products.

Skip

** SkipM@DORSAI.com   -  The Dorsai Embassy / Dorsai Diplomatic Mission **
** (Systems Manager)  -  Consulate : (212) 431-1944                     **
** "The difference between a good man, and a bad man, is the choice of  **
**  cause." - Unknown                                                   **