[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] What kind of drive is this?

bill@polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) (06/28/91)

I have a half-height 5-1/4" hard drive which has the following
information printed on it:
	Model: DK503-2
	13MB
	(10MB)
	Tokico LTD.

Can anyone give me info on this drive?  Why the 13MB/10MB.  What format
is it (OK MFM sounds like a good guess, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Thanks in advance.

+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+
| Bill Poitras    | Polygen Corporation       | {princeton bu}!polygen!bill |
|     (bill)      | Waltham, MA USA           | - This space for rent -     |
|                 | FAX (617)890-8694         | bill@polygen.com            |
+-----------------+---------------------------+-----------------------------+

xxwwxx@mixcom.COM (Tim and Tim Company) (06/29/91)

In article <1163@redford.UUCP> bill@redford.UUCP (Bill Poitras(X258)) writes:
>I have a half-height 5-1/4" hard drive which has the following
>information printed on it:
>	Model: DK503-2
>	13MB
>	(10MB)
>	Tokico LTD.
>
>Can anyone give me info on this drive?  Why the 13MB/10MB.  What format
>is it (OK MFM sounds like a good guess, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Yes, this is an MFM drive.  I has 306 cyls., 4 heads, 2 platters, no
WPC.  It looks like it would be 10M for IBM and 13M for CP/M, as it is
a very old drive.  Actually the source I have says it's 17M unformatted,
10.46M formatted IBM.

>Thanks in advance.

No problem, always willing to help.

--