[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Lattice C 286 Dev Sys

doerschu@rex.cs.tulane.edu (David Doerschuk) (07/04/90)

In article <3413@ssc-vax.UUCP> coy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Stephen B Coy) writes:
>I just received the new Lattice 286 Des Sys via UPS yesterday.
>Unfortunetly the disks were bad so I can't comment on the new DOS
>extender.  The most interesting thing about the package was the
>dongle.  Yes, Lattice is now protecting their upper level compilers
>and RPG system with dongles.

I don't like paying for these darn things.  If a company is concerned
that 50% of their users have pirate copies and use this as a justification
for requiring us to put these on our machines, then I'd expect the total
price of the package to drop as a result of the increased sales stemming
from persons who would have pirated the software now buying it instead.
Needless to say, this price drop doesn't usually occur.

As a general policy, I won't buy intrinsically copy protected (disk-based)
or dongle-protected software.

One man's opinion, nothing more.
Dave
doerschu@rex.cs.tulane.edu