[comp.os.msdos.programmer] MODE and MARK/RELEASE

beers@autarch.acsu.buffalo.edu (Andrew Beers) (07/10/90)

Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.programmer
Subject: MODE and MARK/RELEASE
Sender: beers@cs.buffalo.edu

When I type:

mode lpt1:=com1:

to redirect the output to the parallel port, MSDOS responds with "Resident
portion of MODE loaded."  Is this a TSR and more importantly can it be
handled with TSR management programs such as MARK/RELEASE.  I am working
on a station with many output devices.  Once this resident MODE is loaded, I
can't use the other printers, etc., without warm booting to get rid of MODE.

Thanks in advance.  I'll post a summary of replies.

|Andrew Beers    |                      |"If things that could have gone   |
|SUNY at Buffalo | beers@cs.buffalo.edu |wrong had not gone wrong, it would|
|Buffalo, NY     |                      |have been better if they had."    |

Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.programmer
Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.programmer