[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Toolbook/hypermedia/hypertext

efowler@milton.u.washington.edu (Eric Fowler) (07/11/90)

I am interested in hearing from anybody who has had a chance to try
ToolBook, Asymetrix' new product for Windows 3.0.  ToolBook is a
multimedia/hypermedia toolkit, and contains it's own OOP language,
OpenScript.  Any remarks &/or questions are welcome.
=Eric Fowler

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (07/11/90)

In article <4908@milton.u.washington.edu> efowler@milton.u.washington.edu (Eric Fowler) writes:

>I am interested in hearing from anybody who has had a chance to try
>ToolBook, Asymetrix' new product for Windows 3.0.  ToolBook is a
>multimedia/hypermedia toolkit, and contains it's own OOP language,
>OpenScript.  Any remarks &/or questions are welcome.
>=Eric Fowler

	I saw a book about ToolBook's scripting language yesterday at a
	local B. Dalton's books store.  You might want to take a look at
	it.

	I tried the ToolBook demo programs that came with my Windows 3.0
	and they are pretty neat.  The only problem is that is seems a little
	slow compared to normal Windows applications.

	There is a look at ToolBook, Plus (Hypercard clone), Guide, and
	Object Script in the July issue of PC/Computing.  It is only a
	two page article, but still has some interesting information as
	does the rest of the magazine.

	-----Dale
		Rogerson-----