[comp.os.msdos.programmer] TC++ & mice & 386's

rja@edison.cho.ge.com (rja) (07/17/90)

If one is using VRROOM with TD386/TDH386.SYS and one hasn't
configured VRROOM to leave alone the memory where
TD386 lives and also suitably configured TD386,
there can be protection violations as a result.

It is generally the case that one has to be careful when
configuring things to be sure that all users of high-memory
do so in an appropriate manner.  It can be non-trivial to
figure such beasties out if you have lots of high-memory
using applications, but it is do-able.

feustel@well.sf.ca.us (David Alan Feustel) (07/20/90)

I've been running TC++ under OS/2 V2.0 in a dos compatibility box and
I've noticed the following:
- TC++ works fine even with a PC mouse (supported by an OS/2 mouse
driver).
- TD and TPROF fail to load their overlays properly. I think this
occurs because the current version os OS/2 V2.0 doesn't support
extended/expanded memory for dos programs.
- TD and TPROF work when I boot dos (on the 386sx) but they don't
recognise the PC mouse.
--
Phone:	 (work) 219-482-9631; MCI mail: DFEUSTEL
E-mail:	feustel@well.sf.ca.us	{ucbvax,apple,hplabs,pacbell}!well!feustel