[comp.os.msdos.programmer] Shelling to DOS in TD and TPROF

iain@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Iain Fogg) (07/20/90)

Has anyone experienced problems shelling to DOS from TD 2.0 or TPROF?
When I do so, the extent of my display is a single character in the top
left corner of the screen; if I type "exit" I see each character appear
in the corner, and then when I press CR I'm back in TD (TPROF). Clearly,
there is no problem with the shell, but with the display. I've tried all
sorts of options/configurations (including uninstalling mouse drivers
and EMS drivers) but nothing seems to help. I do NOT have this problem
with other Borland products, TP or TC++.

Any hints?

Cheers, Iain.

+ Dr Iain Fogg                                                         +
+ Senior Research Officer                                              +
+                                                                      +
+ Department of Computer Science              Telephone: (07) 377 2903 +
+ University of Queensland                          Fax: (07) 371 0783 +
+ Queensland                                            Telex: AA40315 +
+ Australia 4072                     email: iain@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au +

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (07/20/90)

In article <4330@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> iain@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>Has anyone experienced problems shelling to DOS from TD 2.0 or TPROF?
>When I do so, the extent of my display is a single character in the top
>left corner of the screen; if I type "exit" I see each character appear

Ditto.

I just run the mode-setter that came with my vga card, and the display
goes normal again.  What a pain.

--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh614!mlord | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |