[comp.os.msdos.programmer] What Goes In All The Little Classes

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (07/24/90)

Does anyone have a complete description of what ends up in FAR_BSS,
_TEXT, _DATA, FAR_DATA, etc.?  I know that I have seen, at least
once, a description of this somewhere in the Microsoft V5.0
manuals, but I can't find it with the index or looking in the
obvious places.
--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
Assault rifle possession is a victimless crime.

venkat@matrix.UUCP (D Venkatrangan) (07/26/90)

In article <4047@optilink.UUCP> cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:

>Does anyone have a complete description of what ends up in FAR_BSS,
>_TEXT, _DATA, FAR_DATA, etc.?

Chapter 5, "Defining Segment Structure" of Microsoft Macro Assembler 5.1
Programmer's Guide gives a good description of MSC memory models and the
segments each model would define.  It also describes segment grouping and
segment ordering.  The section 6.7 of chapter "Working with Memory Models",
Microsoft C Optimizing Compiler User's Guide has a shorter description.

D. Venkatrangan
Matrix Computer Systems, Inc.           7 1/2 Harris Rd, Nashua, NH 03062
suneast!venkat   uunet!matrix!venkat    (603) 888-7790